Need Some Help?
Taylor-Winfield Wide-Lap Welders employ a traveling-type welding unit with two side-by-side, wheel-type copper alloy electrodes that roll across the lapped strip ends. The welding force is sustained by a conductive platen which underlies the strip ends. This secondary circuit remains constant regardless of strip width, eliminating troublesome sliding electrical contacts.
The two wheel-type electrodes operate simultaneously and can be adjusted to make roll spot or roll stop welds. Built-in gauging and clamping devices provide for proper coil end location. A machine-mounted, single-cut shear any many other mechanical and electrical options are offered to meet individual processing requirements.
Limited Overlap FEATURES
|Coil Width||18″ |
|Coil Thickness||.006″ |
Welds were double the thickness is acceptable
- Eliminates the costly task of individually threading each new coil through a processing line
- Fast Cycle Time
- Low electrode maintenance
- All units are equipped with gauging and clamping mechanisms for preparing the strip for welding.
- Rugged “O” frame configuration.
- Available with or without shear
- Precision linear motion control of welding carriage.
- AC, DC weld current available.
- Constant current weld control for consistently high weld quality.
- Various PLC’s available – GE Fanuc, Siemens, Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley).
- Automatic centering guides
- Automatic strip cross alignment
- Closed loop water chillers
- Notchers for trimming strip edges
- Weld quality “bulge” tester
- Weld temperature monitoring
- Weld wheel dresser