Need Some Help?
Taylor-Winfield Wide-Lap Welders employ a traveling-type welding unit with two side-by-side, wheel-type copper alloy electrodes that roll across the lapped strip ends. The welding force is sustained by a conductive platen which underlies the strip ends. This secondary circuit remains constant regardless of strip width, eliminating troublesome sliding electrical contacts.
The two wheel-type electrodes operate simultaneously and can be adjusted to make roll spot or roll stop welds. Built-in gauging and clamping devices provide for proper coil end location. A machine-mounted, single-cut shear any many other mechanical and electrical options are offered to meet individual processing requirements.
Wide Lap FEATURES
|Coil Width||20″ |
|Coil Thickness||.002″ |
Welds were double the thickness is acceptable and weld will not be recoiled
- Fast Cycle Time
- Efficient operation
- Versatility of application
- Single weld head design
- Rugged, trouble-free construction
- Low maintenance
- Rugged “C” frame configuration.
- Durable “Oil Bath” welding heads with quick-change weld wheel feature.
- High precision pneumatic or hydraulic dual resquaring shear with four sided cutting blades.
- Pneumatic or hydraulic entry and exit clamps with quick change clamp liners.
- Urethane clamp inserts to prevent strip slippage and separation.
- Precision linear motion control of welding carriage.
- Automatic scrap removal.
- AC, DC and MFDC weld current available.
- Automatic weld parameter set-up with “Upper Level” computer communication.
- Low-voltage or edge sensor weld initiation to prevent strip edge and weld wheel damage.
- Constant current weld control for consistently high weld quality.
- Various PLC’s available – GE Fanuc, Siemens, Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley).
- “Upper Level” computer communication via Profibus, Ethernet, or TCP/IP protocol.
- Automatic centering guides
- Automatic strip cross alignment
- Closed loop water chillers
- Notchers for trimming strip edges
- Weld quality “bulge” tester
- Weld temperature monitoring
- Weld wheel dresser