Need Some Help?
The INV-1 “BLUE GOOSE” Press Type Spot Welders
This inverter welding head is so revolutionary we gave it a special name, the “Blue Goose.” On top of the low inertia ram is a patented accelerator that gives the “Blue Goose” the best follow-up action in the welding industry. This makes it an ideal machine for cross-wire welding, and other spot and projection welding applications. It creates low impact, high-speed welds with exceptional repeatability and virtually no deflection.
In addition, we stock a complete inventory of replacement parts and in-stock components can be shipped within 24 hours of order receipt. When you buy from Taylor-Winfield, you get sound technical advice, competent service and continued performance backed by single source responsibility.
- Robust steel frame with no measurable deflection, even at full operating force.
- Designed for the special requirements of inverter welding.
- Low-inertia ram mounted on upper frame with zero clearance re circulating ball beraring ensures consistently smooth and precise movement throughout the welding cycle.
- Easy interconnection with AC or DC inverter transformers and weld controls.
- Patent pending cylinder accelerator to assure fast weld follow up.
- Adjustable air regulator with gauge.
- Single stage foot switch initiation (guarded type).
- 4-way solenoid air valve and exhaust muffler.
- Non-lubricated air system – environmentally friendly.
- Water cooler 1” (25mm) diameter electrode holders with #2 MT.
- 7.5 KVA air cooled transformer.
- 2″ or 3 1/4″ air cylinder (specify)
- Maple “Butcher Block” Table 30 x 48” with all components mounted and interconnected.
- Manual Valve with safety interlocks for lowering the ram allowing electrode cleaning and alignment checks.
- Dual Palm Buttons or Dual Wand-Type initiation switches with non-repeat, non tie-down.
- Three Phase MFDC Inverter power supplies available up to 85KVA producing approximately 20,000 maximum secondary AMPS.
- AC Transformers, 10KVA producing up to 20,000 AMPS.
|Throat Depth||8” (200mm)|
|Horn Spacing||5” (127mm)|
|Operating Stroke||1 1/4” (32mm)|
|Electrode Opening||1” (25mm) max.|
|Weld Force||2” Cylinder:250Lbs. at 80PSI max. air pressure
3 1/4” Cylinder:650Lbs. at 80PSI max. air pressure
|Weights||Welder – 210 Lbs.
Transformer – 150 Lbs.
Control – Varies with manufacturer
|Transformer, Dual Voltage 230/460 @ 50/60Hz.||L2
|Secondary Cables||600 MCM 16” CFF Term.|
|Secondary Volts||5.97 Max.
|Secondary Amps., S.C. +/- 10%||12,300 Max.
|KVA Demand, S.C. Max. +/- 20%||73.4|
|Primary Amps, Max.||230 Volts: 319
460 Volts: 159
|Fusible Line Switch Rating, Amps||230 Volts: 60
460 Volts: 30
|Line Fuse Rating, Amps||230 Volts: 60
460 Volts: 30
|Recommended Cable Size for Runs up to 100 ft.||230 Volts: #4 AWG
460 Volts: #8 AWG
Although Taylor-Winfield recommends the indicated fusible isolation switches and cable sizes, check local, city and state electrical code requirements.